Healthy + Whole-y Holidays!

"Let us be happy, healthy, and holy."
~ Yogi Bhajan

Some of you know that I have been doing the Whole30 for the past couple of months.

And some of you might be thinking "what the heck is that?"

Whole30 is a reset. 

You eliminate pretty much everything.

You eat animal protein, veggies, fruits, and healthy fats.

There is a beautiful science behind it explained in a fabulous book, which I won't go in to here.
(If you want to know more or try it for yourself take a look here to get info)

It's main goals are to support you to eliminate cravings, heal your gut, and create lasting changes to your relationship with food.

I have INjoyed it so much that I intentionally went 60 days and only just recently starting adding little things, like rice, back in to my diet.

I wanted to muse a little on this right now because it seems like the perfect time of year.

For most of us, myself included, our relationship to food is seriously messed up. 

I really noticed it when I first started Whole30.

I literally spent the first 14 days super pissed every. single. morning because my coffee "sucked big time" with no sugar/honey/maple syrup.

I noticed all my cravings and, more importantly, how I emotionally relate to food.

Today is not about making you feel bad, guilt, or ashamed.

It's about reminding you that eating is a mindfulness practice too. 
Read labels.
Make conscious choices.
Ask questions at restaurants.
Eat slower.
Know what you are consuming.
Eat like you mean it.

This time of year how, what, and how much we eat can play a big role in how we feel about ourselves and even affect how we relate to others.

Notice what makes you feel good, physically and about yourself.
Notice what doesn't.

Think of eating during the Holy Days as yoga for your belly. 

Don't get neurotic but be conscious.

Of all the benefits, including better skin, getting off sugar (my original intention for starting), and learning that milk gives me major anxiety, cooking some realllly OMazing meals is at the top of my list.

So today I am sharing 10 of My Favourite Whole 30 Recipes with you. 

So in Whole30 you are sugar free, additive free, dairy free, legume free, grain free, processed food free, peanut free.

Meaning so are all these recipes.

This way if you are meant to bring something to a gathering, or want to cook for family, or just try eating a little more healthy this season (instead of the opposite), you know that these beauties are not only INCREDIBLE but also super health and wHoly ;)

I also personally guarantee that these will not disappoint!
Nor will anyone know if you don't tell them ;)

Raw, Vegan, Whole30 Egg Nog 

Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding

Thai Seafood Coconut Soup

Whole30 Mayo/Ranch Dressing

Tahini Fudge
(omit vanilla if doing Whole30)

Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs

OMazing BBQ Sauce

Eggplant Fries

Slow Cooker Caribbean Beef Stew

Banana Almond Butter Cups
(you can add any & all ingredients, like maca or spirulina, to these like I did)

I hope these support you in your mindful eating practices during the Holy Days, or any day of the coming year.

Many blessings,

Megan Xx

P.S. I am not a Whole30 affiliate nor ambassador, I just wanted to introduce you to something I believe in, have tested, and that worked very well for me in many ways. 

Get 10 {FREE} Ten Minute Meditations! Instant Access


Ottawa 200 Hour Program

We begin March 2017. 
Already half full!
Find Out More

Kitchener 200 Hour Program

Now Open for Enrolment!
Kitchener program starts Fall 2017
Find Out More 

Advanced Yin + Meditation 

30 Hour Program Exclusively for Yoga Teachers Starts March 2017. 
Half Full!

Advanced Vinyasa Flow Training

40 Hour Program Exclusively for Yoga Teachers 
Kitchener, Ont. 
Starts JAN. 2017

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our videos on YouTube
Find us on Google+  Visit our blog  View on Instagram

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my ranch recipe!!! It's one of my faves. I need to make a batch tomorrow actually!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria! Seriously the best one I have found and more that I adore how it is mayo first, then you can turn it in to the ranch. I couldn't make a mayo for the life of me before you ;) Thank you! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts