3 Ways to Avoid Setbacks This Season!

"Correct and learn and be open to learning"
~ ACIM
  Dearest Megan, 

About a week ago I succumbed to fear based thinking and experienced what I considered a setback.

Worst than the action was the inner dialogue towards myself that came after.

You know it.
The Inner Critic.

She sounds like "you suck", "you are so weak", or "just give up! clearly you can't do this."

She also might sound exactly like your father, mother, high school gym teacher, university prof, grandparent, or boss.

Or at least how your pysche has interpreted how they sound or what they have said to you.

Before I got too far down the "rabbit hole" of negativity, and felt too discouraged and sorry for myself, I was reminded of something my spiritual counsellor said once,

 "20 years of one way isn't instantly replaced by 20 days of something else."
Meaning our thought process, habits, addictions, reactions, limiting beliefs, or mental afflictions won't be gone instantaneously or quickly just because we meditate, affirm, or intend something for a day or week or a month for example.

And I wanted to bring this to our collective intention because 'tis the season where setbacks are prevalent and that Inner Critic, and very possibly our Outer Critics, can get lot's of opportunities to strike.

Whether it's your diet, way of thinking, intention to be a certain way, or practising forgiveness, giving, or yoga/meditation, the Universe is going to lovingly send you plenty of opportunities to strengthen your resolve.

Yet, we might not always be quick enough or aware of the "test."

So don't give up or beat yourself up because of the setback! 

Here are 3 Ways to Handle a Setback to support you during this Holy Day Season:

1) Slow Down:
Winter is a time for getting quiet, still, listening inward, slowing. right. down.
Yet for most of us this month is nuts!
So take every opportunity you can to stop, get still, rest, and be quiet.

This strengthens our ability to hear the softer inner voices, like the one of our heart and Soul.
Yoga, savasana, massage, reiki, tai chi, and meditation are the perfect way to help strengthen those voices so they are easier to hear.

That way once we are in the situations where we might be tempted towards what we would consider a set back, we can stay true our Self with less effort.

2) Wake Up:
Know this ~ once you declare something to the Universe, your intention for example, the Universe is first going to test you.
It does this to strengthen you.
To challenge you and your commitment.

So if you are intending to be more open/patient/forgiving towards a particular family member or coworker, at the next gathering it might just happen to be that they are going to mirror to you with even more intensity.

So wake up to your body, breath, and sensations.
If you feel warm, frustrated, tense, shallow breathing, or dissociated, understand that this is your physical being receiving a massage from your Soul to remind you to practice!

So notice.
Then be like "oh hey anger/hurt/sadness. I feel ya. Thanks for showing up in my _____ (body part) but instead I am going to pray for happiness/forgiveness/change of perception right now."
3) Gratitude: 
Ok so you weren't strong enough to stop yourself from having the second cookie or third coffee. Maybe you didn't catch yourself fast enough and got angry or defensive with your father or lover. 

Each and every setback can become a moment of gratitude and compassion.

When I had my set back and realized I heading to Inner Critic Kingdom, I sat with myself and spoke to me like I would my best friend.
 I forgave and blessed it. 

Trust it is a miracle moment. 
Meaning that there is an opportunity to forgive, remember, and move forward with grace.
Also, when we shift our perception we can be grateful because the setback is a reminder that there is still work to be done.

Our nervous systems, mind, and bodies have been sending us signals that infuse our reactions for many, many years in most instances. 

And choosing to use these 3 Way to Handle a Setback  instead creates new neural pathways.

Seriously.

The nervous system learns the new way too.

Be grateful for the setback.
The Universe is rerouting you.
 Challenging you and your commitment.
And Loving you to your best self.

In Spirit and Love,

Megan Xx

Get 10 {FREE} Ten Minute Meditations HERE

Work One on One with Megan

Soul based business Beauties, this is for you!

Megan is opening ONLY 4 spots for her sought after Mentorship program. 

Whether you are new or established her program can, and will, support you in becoming the SOULpreneur you wish to be. 

''Deciding to work one on one with Megan was the best decision that I have made, both for myself and my career. 
With Megan's knowledge and wisdom, I was able to gain so much clarity and focus. 
She generously offered me the tools I needed to create the Women's Program I was dreaming about, and make it successful!'' ~ Vanessa, Creatrix of Luna Collective

Starts Jan. 2017

Comments

Popular Posts