Quick Fixes for Doing Too Much + Fav Summer Recipe

"Ask for light and learn that you are light." 
~ACIM
 Beautiful Megan  ,

I don't know about you but the expression 'lazy days of summer' has never really been one that applies to my sizzling summer months.

This time of year I am the most active!

I teach more, play more, create more, write more, get out more, celebrate more, and practice more (as in I add more time to my practice).
Family visits, cottages, friends and festivals, summer is always packed full.

As I have mentioned before, I closely follow the seasons and cycles and have become more abundant in all areas of my life ~ time, energy, finances, friendships,happiness, spirituality ~ because of it. 

Summer is similar to the Full Moon. 

We are active, at the peak of our power, clear like the days (most anyway), full of energy, and the external pull is strong. 

Now more than ever before though I am committed to balance. 
It is a non-negotiable for me. 

I have learnt to honour my needs for quiet, stillness, solitude, nature, rest, comforts, and consistent communion with Spirit. 

As I mentioned in my last musing (if you missed it you can read it here), when pitta is dominant and we are in the summer months the fierce and fiery energy can be excessive causing our ego's to inflate, our bellies to bulge, our passions to become obsessions, our minds don't shut off, our attention is focused outwardly, and our ambition is in charge. 

If we are burning the candle at both ends so to speak, working too much, playing too hard, sleeping less, running around more, we can experience a sense of powerlessness, indifference, inefficiency, exhaustion, irritation, aggression, overwhelm, and low energy (including libido).

As someone who has tendencies as well to do too much, give too much, try to be there for everyone who wants my attention too much, I get that it can be challenging but the more deeply connected I become to my Soul, the more grace, clarity, and ease arises. 

 I recognise and respect that I am not trying to figure it out by myself anymore.

 I'm co-creating with the Universe each and every day, and moment.

Once we honor and hone this forceful and potent energy we can begin to reignite our inner light in a balanced way and use it to illuminate our path. 

So here are 5 Ways that I Avoid Burning Out in the Summer and stay balanced:

1) Take a one day ME~Treat:
Vacations are fun, play filled, and exciting, but most of the time we drink more, eat unhealthy, stay up late, 'do' more than we would simply staying at home.
I know there have been a few times I have heard myself say " I need a vacation from my vacation!" You?
Take (at least) one day each month to commit to doing nothing! Treat yourself to turning off your phone (hide it!), staying off your computer, and allow yourself to simply rejoice in doing nothing. Read, take a siesta, go for a nature walk with no destination or goal in mind, practice  Yin yoga, relax, journal. Anything that doesn't take a lot of energy. Rest. 

2) Practice Yin Yoga:
I know energy is high and you want to add in poses, or increase intensity, but be sure to balance that with at least one Yin practice a week. Balance all the yang, higher energy, with some peaceful surrender.Short on time? No problem with yin! Do one or two poses for 5 minutes each and you are good to go. 

Here are a few good one's:

3) Get Creative:
Use the fire of your mind! Journal, plot, plan, organize, prepare and begin to take action on some the projects or dreams you have on the back burner right now. This season fuels intentional creativity. Get it out of your head or heart and in to the world, or at least begin to implement and manifest. Free up some mental space and burn some creative energy. 

4) Eat Summer Foods:
Travelling, being active, heat, vacations, and excessive running around can cause us to eat less. unhealthy, or easily available foods. Neither are supporting our digestive fire or increasing our self-esteem. Be sure to get a wide range of colours and, therefore, nutrients in to your daily food rituals. As well are raw, live, cooling foods. 

My Fav + Go To Summer Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade:
~ half a seedless watermelon
~ half a lemon
~ pint of strawberries
~ little chunk of ginger
Juice them and you are done!

5) Be deliberate:
It can be easy during this season to get carried away. Be deliberate in your actions by setting an intention daily. Remember this is only so much you can do. Check in with your body, mind, emotions, and energy level each day and make conscious decisions about how to approach your day. 
Any time you find your self feeling agitated, aggravated, irritated, impatient, angry, restless, or 'ready to blow', slow down, stop and get back to your intention and connection to soul. 

{BONUS TIP} ~ We need an equal amount of fire and water so as not to burn out, be sure you make room in your day for spontaneity, pleasure, and play! 
 
Balance is dynamic and yang so be sure to find ways that support you in the yin and rest. 

From my heart fire to yours, 

Megan
Xx

Find out more about Megan at www.megancampbell.ca
Body + Bliss Retreat

Join Megan Campbell & Tiffani Harris for a weekend of yoga, meditation, connection, community, rest and rejuvination. 
A beautifully nourishing weekend for your body, mind, and Soul!

Shanti Retreat, Wolfe Island
Oct. 21-23, 2016

Sacred Movement Yoga Teacher Training + Self Discovery Program

Only a few spots remain!

Exclusively for women, the program schedule makes it so that it fits in to your life. 

Runs Sept-Dec. 2016 and includes the most comprehensive Graduate program in Canada. 

Join our Sisterhood!

Comments

Popular Posts