Enough is Enough!

"Be not afraid. We only start again an ancient journey long ago begun that but seems new. We have begun again upon a road we travelled on before and lost our way a little while. And now we try again."
~ ACIM
Dearest Megan  ,

Tomorrow I am heading to Shanti on Wolfe Island to lead our 4th Annual Yogini Yoga: Heal + Transform Retreat.

I so look forward to these sacred gatherings where, we as women, come together in all that we are to practice, breathe, move, rest, and eat together.

I have literally built my life, business, and Self around connecting and guiding women along the path of spirituality.

As many of you already know, this longing to change my relationship to women from competition to collaboration, from jealousy to support, from disconnect to community, came from being badly bullied in grade school by girls I thought of as friends.

But here's the thing....
This same thing has been happening to us all for a long time and has deeply affected us, even though we might not know it.

During the last two thousand years (some would say longer), our Sisters who walked the spiritual path were marginalized, humiliated, oppressed, murdered, tortured, and burned.

And even today, in many places across the world, it is still dangerous for some women speak out in their Truth and remembrance.

But for many of us, especially here in the west, we are being called to come out of hiding and let the remembrance of who we are begin to take form in us again!

We are remembering the ancient teachings of our sisters and now being called to bring them into the 21st Century.

This is exciting and also invites us into deep challenges.

Many of us are being called to bring the depth of our presence and the power of our aligned hearts and vision to serve our ailing world.

With everything that has happened and continues to happen for me it has felt like finally the energy is of "enough is enough!"

Enough guns, enough hate, enough fear, enough competition, enough perfectionism, enough.
For women too.

It was the energy I held when I wrote to you about almost falling apart.
I didn't want to hide any thing.
I wanted to be transparent.
When the time was right of course.
But underneath it was this real desire to help us to come together, dissolve any ideas of perfection, and for us to really see how Life happens and affects us all.

Enough hiding the shadow.

Last week I introduced to one of my teachers, Gabrielle Bernstein, and this week I want to introduce to another.

I don't believe in coincidence (especially right now with the times + energy we are in), but it seems Sara and I had been going through a power-full rebirth at the exact same time.
She was experiencing the same energies, of anxiety and panic.
And also because of a great loss....
Her lover.

As a two time author, her words and teachings from this period of her life are potent, insightful, and again, show how it doesn't matter how far along you are on this path.... Life happens.

When we are equipped with our tools it happens to us but doesn't break us.

I invite you to meet Sara Avant Stover, a teacher and Sister along this path, who I credit with helping my find my way here today, heal my relationship to women on a much deeper level, and taught me how to really honour each part of myself.
Even the darkness.

{Read Burlesque, Beyonce, and Healing from Heartbreak} 

Through her teachings I have created a powerful Sisterhood as she was a big inspiration when developing Sacred Movement and the content I would share.

I wanted to examine all aspects of Life, Yoga, and Leading with Love in this program, and thankfully with a powerful mentor such as Sara, I have done just that.

In this time when enough is enough we need more Light workers, yoga teachers, healers, and Lovers to help us transcend and rise above, learn and grow, change the way we approach this Life.

Our practice is not about living passively in the world. 

It's about making us stronger, united, courageous, receptive, open, trusting, balanced, and Whole.

I hope you INjoy Sara's musing as much as I did.

And, I hope you find within your self the courage to say enough is enough, like us, to whatever is holding you back, keeping you stuck, afraid, jealous, or in fear.

Thank you for being part of this Sisterhood.
(And if you are a Brother, thank you for supporting us along this path!)

In Truth + Love,

Megan
Xx
Sacred Movement 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training

Early Bird Now Available

"The Sacred Movement Program(SMP) is a powerful and life changing experience. Megan's unique approach, knowledge, and inspiring leadership transforms the class beyond your average YTT and into a spiritual journey."

~ Graduate

Comments

Popular Posts