My Most Important Teacher

"Give only what you wish to receive."
~ ACIM
 Beautiful Megan ,

I have just returned from another powerful, potent, and rejuvinating weekend at Shanti with the Yogini Yoga Tribe.


One the first night, as I welcomed everyone, I began to introduce myself in a deep realization that not everyone there knew me yet.

Some had simply trusted the call and pressed Yes.
Hoped for the best.

Just the day before, I was lovingly introduced to another Yogini's tribe through her newsletter.
As a fabulous, trusting in Love, Yogini, Kassandra had featured me.
When she forwarded it to me she said "wow, I had no idea you did all that!"

Another, hmmmm.

So here I am these past couple of weeks sharing with you some of the teachers who helped shaped me as one.
And yet, if you have just joined this Tribe, you might not even know what I have done!

One of the revelations that came from my staycation through May was that I wanted to get back to my roots so to speak. 

As some of you might not yet know, I actually started teaching Yoga for Women in 2008 through workshops I called Journey of the Yogini. 
These workshops became immensely popular throughout the region and eventually I transformed them in a very successful Philanthropic, soul-based business.

In just two and a half years, through my creative initiatives and yoga inspired events, our community raised over $200,000 for women and girls locally and internationally.

I was named an Agent of Peace by Nippissing University and 'Amazing Person' by CTV, and awarded a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal for my efforts.

I ran the Yogini Yogathon, a virtual Be the Change Challenge, and took people to Guatemala and Nepal to build houses and schools through Yoga. Action. Adventure trips, and personally raised $20,000 for Off the Mat, Into the Worldwhich funded projects to support sex trafficking survivors in India.

It was some of the most fulfilling work I have ever done.
It changed my relationship to the world around me, and consistently brought me back to remembering how privileged we are here in the West.

In a decision to dissolve Journey of the Yogini in that capacity, I transitioned to focusing on directly empowering, healing, and transforming the lives of women right here in our very own community through Sacred Movement School.

As part of their program they are required to perform six hours of community service.
Rather than trying to do it all myself and burning out, I passed the torch.

Lately though, I have been craving that type of work again. 

Every time I drive past a homeless person or see something tragic of tv I long to do more.
The other day I heard that 1 woman is dying every single hour is El Salvador right now due to cultural + societal beliefs.
I had no idea!

Part of my desire to get my MA is to head up North for a bit and support indigenous people where suicide is now an epidemic.

So I have made a commitment to my Self, who is my greatest and most important teacher, and the women of this world to get back to my roots of Seva, or selfless service, this year as best and often as I can.

One of the first ways I am doing this is through TONIGHT's By Donation Sacred Sadhana. 
No only donating a portion of the proceeds to Algonquin Medicine Man's special project bringing awareness to Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW), and begin creating solutions, but because I know not all of you can afford these classes all the time, or ever.

So no donation amount will be refused.
Pay what you can.

Another is through my new + revamped Yoga. Action. Adventure. Retreat. 
These trips were life changing for people, including myself.
I can't wait to get back to them, hopefully with you.

This will be a week of kundalini, flow, and yin yoga, meditation, self care, rest, and selfless service at Monty's Beach Lodge in stunning Juquillio, Nicaragua!

We will be exploring mangroves to visit a turtle hatchery and sanctuary to release turtles and learn how to keep protecting them, teaching English in a local school and learn spanish in return, and cook and provide a healthy meal for kids living and working in a city dump.

During our week there will be endless possibilities to rest, recharge, and relax, practice yoga, maybe learn to surf.

Summer Solstice is a time of celebration and one that completes a cycle.
So I celebrate all that I have done and choose to begin again.

The Full Moon last night is when we come in to the height of our wisdom or true knowing.
So listen to your Self.

This is a very auspicious time. 

Take a moment to look back at the territory you've covered in the last half year, the blessings and the challenges.
What a courageous soul you are, being here on the planet at this time!
Love yourself for all you have moved through, all you've accomplished, all you have loved and lost.

Take a moment to look forward, connecting to your dreams and intentions for this next arc of time.
What are you calling in?
What is gathering momentum?
What is being let go?
What does your deepest Self long for?
Is there something you can commit to that will deepen your capacity to Love?
Is there a wish or dream not yet fulfilled?

At the pinnacle of light up here and the pinnacle of darkness for my friends down under, may you celebrate + honour all that is shifting in you

In Humble Pride + Service,

Megan
Xx

Find out more about Megan at www.megancampbell.ca

Yoga. Action. Adventure. Retreat

During our week there will be endless possibilities to rest, recharge, and relax, but we will also be taking the opportunity to connect to and support the local community. 
Megan has led countless trips oversees and those who usually get the most from them are the one's where you get to really exprience the culture. 
And this is your chance!

Only $997 + hst until Nov. 1st
$500 deposit holds your spot.

Find Out More

Comments

Popular Posts