My Week from Hell

"Clean but the mirror and the message shines forth" ~ ACIM
Dearest Tribe, 

I have had "a week."
Really more like ten days....

You know the one that you have sometimes where you actually hear yourself saying out loud "well that must be it. Nothing else bad can happen."
And then something else bad happens. 

Yeah. 
That's the kinda week I have had. 

Every time I pressed send on an email and exhaled, five more arrived in my inbox. 
Every time I had to deal with a challenge and felt that I made it through with grace, another came my way. 
Every time I thought I was organized and prepared, I thought of something else to do. 
Every time I stopped crying and felt purified, something else provoked more tears. 

All the while I am couch surfing having sub let my apartment. 
Spending wayy more time extroverted and around people than I am used to or would. 
Commuting between my parents out of town and Ottawa to teach. 
Planning + preparing for a 2 month Life Savasana, Finding Joy Urban Retreat, a training and international retreat. 

I found myself slowly going back to my habitual ways of thinking when I am under stress and things aren't going as planned. 

I found myself thinking, and even saying out loud, "I am shutting down. I can feel it" o"I will prepare now for the worst instead of the best."
Or the best one "I am doing my meditations! Like WTF?!"

Slowly I had turned back to the voice that speaks first and loudest, my ego. 

And just as I was really starting to sink in to it all and pity myself, I decided to go for a walk. 
I needed some quiet. 
Nature's wisdom. 

About half way down the trail I stopped in my tracks. 

"Aha!!!"

I remembered that my New Year's intentions, proclaimed loudly + proudly here, on social media, to the world, out loud......

"To love more, judge less, and really, like really, trust the process."

So here it was. 
The Universe, powers that be + surround me, wanted to test my resolve. 

Each of the experiences over the past ten days have been opportunities to take my practices deeper, not give up. 

They have been messages and teachings to keep me focused on what really matters to me.

Every moment of what felt like Hell was really a chance to experience Heaven, as ACIM explains that heaven is simply a state of mind. 

So just like that, on my mini nature walk retreat, my perspective changed and I shifted instantaneously to gratitude. 

I just looked around and felt full of joy. 

Even said out loud "Thank You!"

I realized that one of the most powerful ways to connect to, experience, and express joy was through gratitude. 

Over the past ten days there were fleeting moments of happiness of course, but upon reflection I only really felt joy-full when I was in gratitude. 
When I acknowledged my blessings. 

And yet usually these are the times when we normally focus on the negative, dark, and shadow. 
And so sometimes the week (or day) from "Hell" can actually be the perfect time to become grateful for even the smallest things that would otherwise pass you by. 

Indigenous tribe's believe that you are only given the challenges that you can handle and grow your Soul. 
They contain the wisdom of Truth when and if you are willing to see beyond the illusions of the ego mind. 

So next time you are having a challenging week try these practices for reclaiming your Joy, Peace, and the miracles you are entitled to. 
They have worked wonders the past few days for me and hope they do so for you too. 

5 Ways to Transform Hell to Heaven:

1) Meditate more. Extend your practice. Do whatever you have to in order to feel in to your natural ways of being, calm the nervous system, and connect to Spirit

2) Get quiet. Retreat. Take a break. Be alone. In silence the 'Aha's happen more frequently. Answers to questions or concerns can be heard. Getting away offers potent perspective too! This is why I take a Life Savasana every few months. 

3) Create a gratitude list. When you find yourself stuck in ego, fear, and illusion write down what you are grateful for. As many things, people, experiences you can fathom. Then read it over. 

4) Express your gratitude. I have, and meant it, said thank you more in the past ten days and expressed how lucky I feel for the friends and family who are helping me, housing me, supporting me, and there for me. Expressing it amplifies it and tells the Universe you are recognizing your blessings. 

5) Do 1 thing every single day that brings you Joy. A bubble bath. Walking the dog. A yoga practice. Reading. Napping. Writing. Watching a funny movie. Whatever makes you feel happy, present, and leaves you feeling full. Doesn't have to be long but it does have to be something. If you are unsure, write a list and refer to it as often as you need and add to it as you discover and explore this state of Being more. 



INjoy your week!

Megan Xx

Find out more about Megan, Movement + Miracles at www.megancampbell.ca
Discover extra {FREE} practices + meditations here

Comments

Popular Posts