Do You Long to Go Deeper?

"The mind can elect what it chooses to serve.The only limit put on its choice is that it cannot serve two masters."
" ~ ACIM
Hi, Megan

Just a couple days ago I opened Facebook and immediately saw a picture of a group of people graduating from a teacher training program in India.
The same one I had taken back in 2008.

That picture brought back a flood of memories from the month I spent living in the ashram, dedicated to yoga, eating sattvically (clean), and surrounded by like-minded Souls on the the path.

The whole reason I went to India to take the training was because I felt a deep and powerful urge to go deeper in my studies.

I knew in my 'hut' (gut + heart) that there had to be more than just asana.

Of course asana is a powerful tool and had a big impact on my life up to that point, but I felt called to know even more.
Immerse myself in the teachings.
Live Yoga.

It was one of the Top 5 Best Decisions I have made in my life!

It changed my life, for many reasons, but the most important one was that it set me whole heartedly on my path of teaching yoga to women.

I would not be who, where, or what I am today if I had not listened to my Self, faced the fears, and committed to going deeper.

And there were fears!

It was too expensive.
It required too much time off work.
I would be away from family, Lola, and friends for 6 weeks or more.
I had to live in an ashram and get up at 430am every day.
I was going to have to meditate.
It was going to be intense.

And even though those fears came up, the longing for more was stronger.

I will be totally honest when I say that I actually even tried to think of ways to live there I ended up loving the experience so much, but just as I knew to go, I also knew it was my journey to come back and share.

Over the course of the past ten years I have dedicated to this path and life of service, I cannot think of one time I had the longing to go deeper, listened, and not been granted immense + powerful fulfillment.

Part of why I am on sabbatical was a longing to go deeper.
I am not quite ready to share the depth of that call but I will say that I honoured it and it is why I am taking some time of teaching publicly.

Each time I heed the call it is like medicine ~ healing, safe-guarding, and nurturing all parts of me ~ body, mind, and Soul. 

In the Heroine's Journey it's not all peace, love, and rose petals as I am sure you all know.
There are ogre's, dragon's, and demons who want to keep us from knowing, exploring, and discovering more.
Those are the voices from inside or outside who don't have our best interest at heart.
The Ego who wants to keep us small, comfortable, in the 'norm'.

And so, if you, like me, find yourself called, longing, or seeking ways to go deeper in your practice, life, and Self, I would love to support you.

Below you will find, quite honestly, the most powerful medicine I offer. 

Is this the season where you finally honour your longing Love?
Many Blessings, 

Megan Xx

P.S. I  truly value you and your support. Even though we are a virtual community here, know that I am here and you can simply press {Reply} if you have questions, need support, or want to comment on this musing. 
200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training + Self-Discovery Program

Fall 2016

An innovative, exciting, and comprehensive program that will transform your practice, your life, and your connection to Self.

For women. Taught by women. 

One on One Sisterhood Sessions

I have just 5 spots remaining for my One on One Sisterhood Sessions. 
I won't be opening more spots until Sept. 2016. 

Let's face it, no matter how far along the path we are we can all use a little help, support, and guidance. Working with a mentor can be a very power-full experience!
The one on one nature + nurturing allows for greater growth and richer transformation in a shorter time. 

Comments

Popular Posts