That Wasn't Very Spiritual of Me

It's the New Moon and Fall Equinox. 

Can you feel it?

If so, I urge you to remember this ~ we are cyclic beings living in a cyclic world and we are not made to bloom all year round. 

And, for me, what I have come to notice is that the greatest rising comes after the most significant falls (letting go/releasing/creating space). 

Seasons are great teachers and show us how to rise (and fall) each and every year. 
The moon guides us in the same way each month. 

I believe that so many of us feel as though we are 'failing' if we are not always rising, working on ourselves, if we are mid fall, or make mistakes.

As if, had we done something differently we could have avoided the fall.

 But we can't. 

And never will. 

The fall is inevitable. 

After my last musing (you can read here if you missed it), I got a ton of emails in response and wanted to share what woman wrote because it demonstrates what so many of you said just in different ways.
"Can't wait to hear what you have to say about "spiritualizing" - I know I do this a lot, especially in terms of always giving people more chances. Then when they disrespect or hurt me again I blame myself for not mastering the "lesson" of unconditional love."
So let's stop taking the fall and instead learn from it now, ok? 

About a year or so ago I got an email from Mastin Kipp who wrote what I am about to share below. 

I printed it off and posted it nearby my desk at home so I could always see it and be reminded. 

I loved it and used it to stay in, what felt for me, my spiritual Self. 

Then about six months ago I started noticing the patterns, words, ways, and most importantly, feelings that were urging me to understand what his words, and these teaching really mean (or at least were meant to teach me.)

So this is what Mastin wrote:

Anything that annoys you is for teaching you patience.
Anyone who abandons you is for teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet.
Anything that angers you is for teaching you forgiveness and compassion.
Anything that has power over you is for teaching you how to take your power back.
Anything you hate is for teaching you unconditional love.
Anything you fear is for teaching you courage to overcome your fear.
Anything you can't control is for teaching you how to let go and trust the Universe.
So great right?

I know. 

Except it DOES NOT mean you have to write, text, speak, or connect with someone who doesn't respect us, annoys us, or abandons us. 

We don't have to cover up, smile through, or pretend everything is fine when our power is stripped away or fears are surfacing. 

You don't have to keep your chin up, just keep going, or power through it when things feel out of control or angry.

Doing those things don't make you more spiritual. 

Because the truth is that none of us are without scars, flaws, scrapes, burns. 

Stitched back together with threads of learning. 

And so when the people or experiences come in to your life and test your commitment to spirituality the most spiritual thing you can do is love your self first. 

Respect your self. 

Show others how to treat you through how you treat yourself. 

Can you say that you do all those things Mastin wrote about, like forgiveness, for yourself too?

You are not failing, or falling, when you say Good bye. 
 Or no.
Walk away (or run).
Tell someone how upset you are. 

It's not always your fall to take. 

New Moon + Fall symbolize detox time so here are some prompts to help you detox on all levels this cycle:

Journal Questions:

Who do I need to say Good Bye to this cycle?

What food/drink needs to go so I feel better and more awake in my life?

I will do these 3 things in order to show myself more compassion this season:
1.
2.
3.

What am I harvesting as Good from this past cycle?

The Full Moon Medicine is:

~ Notice any time you say "that wasn't very spiritual of me" and stop. Observe the situation. Ask if it's true. 

~ Take sea salt bath with ginger, clary sage, and peppermint. Soak for 20 minutes. 

~ cut out any foods or drinks that are causing upset, discomfort, or irritation for at least 3 days (usually covering emotional stagnation). 

Full Moon Prayer:

May I be given ways to grow and evolve in to my Highest Self and done from a place of only love and compassion. 

May I feel spiritual and at ease in all states of my Being and who I am. 

May I be loved, appreciated, supported, and cared for by only what truly makes me Me. 

Please help me to let go, surrender, and bid farewell to what no longer serves and give me the strength to move forward and on. 

To another cycle + new season. 

Megan
Xx
UPCOMING YOGA/MEDITATION OFFERINGS

Grace Space Full Moon Manifestation
Kundalini, meditation, eassential oil enhancements, vegan snacks, faux cocktail
Oct. 5th ~ 7pm

Comments

Popular Posts