A Hard Lesson to Learn

"Love is the way I walk in gratitude."  
~ ACIM
Megan 

Over the last five years I have been on three humanitarian missions to three different countries.

I led a group of people to Guatemala to build homes, Nepal to build a school, and India to witness and learn of the organizations who support survivors of sex trafficking.

All of these trips had one thing is common for me, and all the people who participated, and that was how very privileged we are.

It's easy to forget with our day to day routines, if we don't expose ourselves to the world beyond our own, or bury our head in the sand so to speak and ignore what is truly happening to the majority of the world around us.

A Course is Miracles says, "Gratitude is a lesson hard to learn for those who look upon the world amiss. The most that they can do is see themselves as better off than others."

In a culture that often promotes competition instead of collaboration, we can unknowingly be caught in the mindset of "better than" or separate from.

Our practice then today, on this Thanks Giving day, is to join together in offering infinite gratitude.

For our bodies, minds, this breath, this family, this meal, this house, this Life.

When we shift to a mindset of gratitude we are consciously choosing to overlook some things.
We replace anger, revenge, separation with gratitude.

Gratitude becomes our single pointed thought that we continue to return too.

If the stuffing burns, your brother teases you, you're running late, are celebrating alone, get upset, or your critical parent starts up again, you only have one question to ask:

"What can I be grateful for right now?"

In some of the most desolate days, hardest work, darkest places I have been on earth, this was the question that sustained me and shifted me back into a place of Love.

Today I am beyond grateful for those humanitarian experiences because they forever changed me and the way I walk through this life.

When I see those who are sick, needy, addicted, or afraid (at home or abroad) I remember that one different parent, different decision, different way of handling my trauma, or different result, and that could have been (be) me.

Gratitude is the way I start my prayer + meditation in the morning, so I have attached it here in hopes that it might serve you too.
(Feel free to make it your own and add/remove as you please)

"Divine Mother + Holy Father.
Thank you for another day in this healthy body, a clear mind, and for this precious breath.
Thank you for this incredible home, my job, and my caring family and friends.
Thank you for all the ways in which you support me and continue to support me.
Thank you for the abundance you have given me and continue to provide.
Thank you for all the people, experiences, and opportunities you have gifted me with in order to help my Soul to grow and become the woman you would have be.
Thank you, thank you, thank you."

The sacred blessing of this life deserves our constant acknowledgement.

So if nothing else let us remind ourselves today to bow our head low and say-
"Thank you."

In sincere gratitude for You, 

Megan Xx

Find out more about Megan + Get 10 FREE Ten Minute Meditations at
www.megancampbell.ca
Humanitarian Retreat ~ Movement + Miracles

Join Megan for a unique getaway!

A week of yoga + selfless service + retreating.
Supporting the conservation of our precious sea turtles, local children's school, and a community of people living in a local garbage dump.

We will spend a couple of afternoon's learning, teaching, and prepping/feeding those in need of our support, time, and Love.                                        
Deposit now to secure Early Bird! Ends Nov. 1st. 

Jan. 27-Feb.4, 2017

Comments

Popular Posts