A Few of My Favourite Things!


A couple of days ago I was sitting at the front of my class offering a short darshan (inspired talk) before we started moving. 

I mentioned to my students that A Course in Miracles says "our job is remove all the blocks that keep us from Love's presence" and that this practice allows us to uncover, discover, and realize those blocks. 

Not as a way to fix or change but rather instead of thinking you are becoming happier, healthier, more open, flexible, stronger, compassionate, you know you already are all that but have just forgotten.

Everyone is class pretty much had the same reaction I did...

A deep exhale. Softened. I could feel the inner 'yes's!'

You see both Yoga and Course in Miracles are psychospiritual teachings offering us the tools we can use to find our way back to our inherent Self. 

I know for me hearing this was such a relief! 

It was like I was given permission to relax a little. I was already enough, already perfect, already whole, already complete, already everything I thought I had to become....

But nope, it's about un-becoming. 

I think it hit others the same way. At least that's how it felt and what I could read on many faces and body language. 

You see The Course says we were born Love and that we have just lost our way. 

Both yoga + acim talk about the ego and the role it plays it detouring us away from love, our Selves, and the universal energies that make up the whole. 
Both yoga + acim talk about how we are One, whole, macrocosm and microcosm intertwined, complete. 

We have just forgotten. 

As I mentioned in my last email, Something I have Never Shared Before (you can read it here if you missed it) sometimes we need many practices, guides, tools in our tool box, mentors, therapies, etc to really support removing the blocks that keep us from our being our Self. 

For me, A Course in Miracles has become one of the most important and effective. 
But, I can tell you honestly, the first time I picked it up, I put it right back down and said "ummm, no."

We aren't always ready but when we are....
They are there waiting for us!
Everything we need is presented to us for our continued journey back to peace. 

A good friend of mine shared a couple weeks ago that she loved a book I had recommended for a teacher training program and I should share through my newsletter to help others find some goodies too. 

I loved the idea and so I am going to share my #1 book + tool for starting ACIM in the Movement + Miracles Masterclass but thought since so many of you ask, not just her, I would share some of my Favourite Tools for Removing Blocks!

Movement:
* Ego eradicator! 
You can find this fierce practice in my Hit the Refresh Button + Kali Sadhana video's

* Yin yoga
You have the time to marinate and really notice where you get stuck ~ body or thinking mind. 

Meditations:
Manifestation meditation w/ Wayne Dyer

Gayatri mantra ~ a morning meditation for protection, healing, and grounding

Ottawa Healers:
Pete Bernard ~ 8th Fire ~ shaman

Enrique Astorga ~ RMT, intuitive, Reiki, EFT

Books:
Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Power of Your True Self

A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson

Self Healing Practices:
*Emotional Freedom Technique ~ EFT (just started this and Love it!)

I hope these serve as a start to building your Block Busters tool box so you can take those steps to meeting your Self!

I have worked with, practice, and read everything/one mentioned above and whole heartedly recommend them as powerful tools to include on your journey towards Awakening!

In service + Light,
Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's other Complimentary Offerings or Trainings!

For daily inspiration follow her on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts