Something I Have Never Shared Before!

Namaste Yogini's!
When I was a child one of my favourite movies to watch, and I did, over and over and over again, was Sound of Music. 

I loved it!
Couldn't get enough of it. 

Sometimes I feel like when we become adults we don't give ourselves permission to love certain things any more. 
Things that seem silly, pointless, childish, frivolous. 

Sadly, our Inner Child sleeps dormant, but longs for us to pick her up, hold her hand, love her, and let her play!

When we ignore the Inner Child it can lead to mild to severe addictions, a sense of loneliness, sadness, rigidity in both body and mind, powerlessness, anger, neediness, codependency, and deep feelings of disconnect. 

A couple of years ago I connected with Jennifer Clark, an Angel medium and intuitive, for an interview for the JOY Circle. 
We did a meditation on the call and at one point I had to call on my Inner Child at a certain age. 
I had a personal appointment with her a couple weeks ago and had do the same. 
Both times I called on myself at 8 years of age. 

I believe it was at this age I lost my sense of childlike wonder and Joy. 

Something I have never shared about myself before is that at this age I was deeply traumatized. 
My cousin was dying of luekemia and I had gone to visit her in the hospital. 
She was 5. I was 8. 

The change in her external body was hard enough on me at that age but on this day I happen to see another child being wheeled off the elevator who had clearly been very badly burned. 

From that day on, I spent every night in terror. 

I internalized this, along with my first time facing death, to mean I wasn't safe, and neither was anyone else in my family. 

I had terrible nightmares, and without shame, slept in my mothers bed until I was 13. 

I saw a therapist which helped a lot but it didn't 'fix' me. 
I had adapted some very strong defense systems to protect my broken heart, wounded spirit, and keep me in fear (ego loves that!)

In many smaller, but still potent ways, it followed me in to my teens, then smaller ways in to my twenties, and now smaller ways in to my thirties. 

My healing from this has been a long, slow, gradual process but for the very first time while in Nica this past summer I felt truly healed!

Many reasons for this and why there, but two things that have been so helpful and are my favourite things to do heal this part of me have been to tap in to my Inner Child each night by envisioning myself at 8 and puling her in to my heart and telling her she is safe before I close my eyes. 

The other way is letting her be part of me. 
Once a week I let her to play!

She has slowly transformed from wounded to magical and I have been able to sustainably change behaviours and patterns that had been holding me back since I was a child. 

I really can see the big picture of it all, and that is I really believe it was part of my Souls journey so that I could understanding real healing, deep fear, understand how to reclaim joy, and be able to empathize with trauma like this. 

And be able to teach those. 

So I wanted to share with you some of my favourite ways to do this in hopes that you might connect with your Inner Child too. 
(I would also like to highly recommend finding a fab spiritually connected therapist if your wounds run deep or are fresh.)

colouring! I have jumped on the bandwagon of the adult colouring book and adore it. They have tons at Walmart and online at Amazon if this peaks your 'Yes'

rolling around, twirling, throwing leaves! Yup, Lola and I do this together occassionally on our 'yahoos' (walks) along with splashing in puddles in my rain boots

watching Disney movies like Little Mermaid, Frozen, or any 'kid' movies especially the one's I liked when I was I was a child

try new things! Kids are always doing this. Over and over again as they grew up. Everything is new. It creates a sense of wonder, exploration, and excitment

get creative! Gabrielle Bernstein says ""When we ignite more creative experiences in our life, we channel our inner child.Creativity offers us freedom to be ourselves and let loose!"

Do 1 Just Because. Dance. Sing. Colour. Hula Hoop. Blow Bubbles. Wear high heels + a crown around your house. (I have done all of these). Think about it like 'f#$% it' I wanna!

Take a moment to journal this weekend and note down all the things that bring you a greater sense of Joy, and then commit to doing 1 once a week, or any of the above.

I have said it before and will say it again ~
The only way we can be whole is to own all of the parts of ourselves.
Lastly, I share this to gently remind you that healing is not instantaneous, more often than not a constant practice, and that there is always a possibility of it... so never give up. 

In service of our collective healing,
Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's other Complimentary Offerings or Trainings!

For daily inspiration follow her on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts