#1 Way We Self-Sabotage

Namaste, 
How are you dearest?

I am doing well, thank you. 

I am supremely INjoying taking on and in one of the ways I am starting to shift focus, which is to work more closely with yoga teachers this year. 

The Sacred Movement School's 300hr program is well on it's way and five incredible yoga teachers are diving in to depths of practice many shy away from. 

I am so grateful that they have chosen to lean in to these teachings instead of run. 

I am also loving supporting them one on one each month to offer tools + practices to help them grow, transform and expand in their lives, as women, spiritually and in their offerings. 

I had a conversation with one of my mentee's last week and wanted to share some of the wisdom that emerged, because I think it really speaks to us all (yoga teacher or not!)

It's the #1 way we ALL self-sabotage. 

You see, for myself too, there comes a point when you know what you have to do. 

The answer, the call, the depths, the longing, the feeling, whatever it is has come and you know, like really know, what you have to do to get through, overcome, let go, surrender, break through, forgive, see the Light. 

But you don't!

A quote by Gabrielle Bernstein from one of her teachers:
Student ~ "I just don't have time to....(go to gym, meditate, practice yoga, pray, eat healthy....whatever it is)
Teacher ~ "Ok, but you do have time to feel like shit?"

Right!?

Whether physically, mentally, emotionally, or spirtually, if we don't take the step we have been given to grow, heal, or transform our lives, we stay stuck, blocked, ill, low, stiff, sad, disconnected and so on. 
Basically, we keep ourselves feeling like shit, on one or all levels. 

My student and I chatted then about the fact that most often this self-sabotage comes because it's hard! 

Like whining children, we don't wanna!

I am sure we have all had those times. 

We knew what we had to do but didn't reallllly want to put the effort in to doing it. 

Why?

Because for most it is easier to stay stuck!

Stuck in fear, lack, overwhelm, the past, as victim, slave girl, prostitute, limiting beliefs. 
It's just easier because we know how to do that. 

We totally forget that the only one imprisoning ourselves is us and that ultimately we hold the key to our peace and freedom. 

Yet, instead of turning in to our Selves, doing the 'work', and reaping the benefits, we allow ourselves to stay stuck.
Tell ourselves some full of shit excuses (cause we feel like it and how we feel is how we think).
And try to carry on as though nothing is wrong. 

One of the ways I work through this "it's too tough", "I don't wanna", "maybe next month" self-sabotage is through cultivating Vira Rasa, or the essence of courage, which I will be teaching on during the Rasa Revolution Retreat. 

Another is by constantly reminding myself, no matter how hard, scary, or tough it gets, of the shitty ways in which I felt each time I want to go back to the 'easy'.

For example, when I realllly think I want a second cup of coffee (another way we talked about ending self-sabotage, doing things gently, slowly, and sustainably. So I am back on coffee but down from 2 to 1 cup a day), I stop and remind myself that the second cup always makes me feel jittery, anxious, and wired. 

Then further more, I sit still and ask my Self what I am really looking for by having that second cup. 
Sometimes it is warmth, distraction, a boost, and so on. 

Then decide on ways I can do that more naturally, healthier options that make me feel good, nourished, and calm instead.

So take a moment today and sit with that one thing that is creeping in and asking you to grow, expand, evolve, transform. 
Listen to what it is offering you as a Way. 
Then journal some small, sustainable, gentle ways which you can begin to carry this inner work through. 

Be compassionate with yourself. 
Be kind. 
But most importantly, be courageous. 

Often we are just scared to follow through because we don't know any other way, feeling, or state of Being. 

Trust.
Your Inner Wise Woman will never steer you wrong. 

Be ready, willing, and able and you will be guided. 
In Love + Service,

Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's Advanced Training's starting in Fall 2017`


For daily inspiration follow her on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts