The Gift of Shakti + Birthday Grace!



Dearest Yogini, 

Yes, that me.... about 34 years ago. 
Same big eyes, different shoes.... or no shoes now I suppose ;) 

On this day, as we enter in to the Full Moon energy, it is my 35th birthday. 

Thinking back over my life it seems like such a crazy journey, with twists, turns, up's and down's, ebbing and flowing, all to bring me to where I am today. 

Goddess Shakti + the Divine Mother, thank you for using me so well!

I know now very confidently that without every moment on, and even off, this path, I wouldn't be where I am today. 
And, I feel overwhelmingly blessed for all the experiences she had gifted me with over the years. 

Shakti, the ever creative force that permeates the Whole, is doing her job well. 
The more I have trusted this energy and force, the more I see her getting things done on my behalf. 

People, places, experiences, presenting themselves for my own continued growth and evolution. 
I can see Her innovative, imaginative ways constantly construction and deconstructing my world to keep filling me up with Divine inspiration, wisdom, and Truths so I can radiate that back in to the world, and let's me connect with all of you. 

This past year alone has been filled with disappointments and triumphs, loneliness and Love, mistakes and blessings, confusion and clarity. 

Not one to celebrate myself in the past, feeling like "who am I to shine", or that you might think I am bragging or self righteous, I have dwindled my light and hid from this day. 

But this year, in a commitment to my Self and teachings, and because I have every right (as do you!) to Shine bright and sparkle, I am going to step out of my past and more fully in to this moment of grace. 
I am even planning a birthday party!

As I have mentioned before, we might have spent so much time on the negative, in the shadow, and even on 'death to the Ego' in Yoga circles that Kicking Ass + Shining has now become more challenging than living in the Shadow!
Celebrating our Selves somehow became 'unbecoming' and so we don't... or at least not as often as we deserve to. 
(you can read more on Kicking Ass + Shining, one of my most popular + read blog posts here)

And I am reaching out, not to brag, but to hopefully inspire You. 

To remind you to trust the Shakti, or process, and that she is leading you hOMe.
To share the ways I have surrendered to Her and as a result become more aligned, happier, and abundant, and that She lives in you too. 

So here are the 5 things I am Celebrating from this past year + the Lessons She has shared:

1) I did something I never thought in my wildest dreams I could or would do. 
I wrote!
I wrote so much that I have a very rough draft of my book baby and actually (never thought I would say this either!) miss writing, hence why this email is not a video this month. 
Lesson: Never say "I can't" because you might and you won't know unless you try. 

2) I have turned a small seed of a possibility in to a successful, profound offering. 
Sacred Movement School has transformed in one year from one 200hr training to two training's throughout Ontario, a 300hr advanced program, continuing education programs,AND is now considered a post-secondary institution that can provide tuition tax credits for ALL our programs + training's. 
It has grown so much so that it now has its very own virtual hOMe for all things Sacred Movement ~ www.sacredmovement.ca
Lesson: Trust the feeling of knowing that it is your calling and devote your resources to that with your whole heart. 

3) For over a year I have been tending to a dream quietly and feverishly, so as to be able to grow this Yogini Yoga tribe in more powerful ways.
So I am celebrating that the dream has come true and Journey of the Yogini, and the offerings under this name, are now Trademarked. 
For over a year and a half, with the help of a great lawyer, and much persistence and perseverance, she is legally protected. 
This was a dream because it is not just a name, or asana, but about a path, a calling.
One I have worked with and on for 10 years, has evolved with me, and includes thousands of hours of practice, content creation, offerings, a NEW program, and eventually... a book. 
Lesson: Practice patience because while you are waiting for one thing there is space for other great things to manifest.

4) Finding my home away from home. 
As a recovering nomad with an always present gypsy spirit, I knew I needed to stop running and seeking, and starting simply Being, in every way. Trusting that the only time I cried leaving somewhere, was leaving Nicaragua last year after our retreat, and that as a sign that something more is there for me. 
It really has and does feel like my home away from home. 
Especially now after this last visit where I even got to teach and then just mosey on over to the beach after. 
I get the same sense of freedom, safety, and regeneration there that I do in my own home and city. 
Sitting in the airport on my way back in Dec. I met a men in the cafe who owns a restaurant in San Juan, where I had been. We were chatting and he said "people ask me all the time why I moved here and I really don't know what to tell them other than 'come visit me and you will see'. There is just something about this place."
I couldn't agree more!
Inexplicable and simply needs to be experienced. Trust me on this. 
Lesson:Trust your emotions and intuition. She is never wrong. 

5) I have 100% fallen in love... with myself. 
The shift has been slow, subtle, conscious, full with challenges, but I can say it with sincererity that I love who I am and who I am not. 
Done with the struggle ~ hating or trying to change my body, workaholic, need to control, that I was broken, I was broke, exhausted, trying to be, do, or achieve more, I finally feel totally in love with all aspects of myself and life. 
A daily practice, and one that takes commitment, but by allowing more, and relaxing in to, pleasure, and tapping in to this sustainable + authentic power called Shakti, I have learned to let go of the masculine push to make things happen, be a certain way, or do more, and instead embraced Love. 
Lesson: Sacred simplicity leaves room and space for more Love to enter and Shakti to move though you. 

So beauty... Celebrate with me!

Take a moment and reflect on this past year and what are some things you can acknowledge all the ways Shakti has moved through you this year to bring you right to where you are today in her incredible ways.
How can you celebrate yourself for this co-creation of Life, for all that you have done, continue to work through, and have accomplished in this year or life?

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."
~Oprah Winfrey

From my Light to yours, 

Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's other Complimentary Offerings or Trainings!

For daily inspiration follow her on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram

Comments

  1. Grateful for all of your reflections Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts