Being a Winter Goddess!

Namaste Beautiful Winter Goddesses!

As we enter in to a time of busyness and excitment, I am committed to staying in deep rest and regeneration. 

I am officially hOMe from my Life Savasana (you can read more about thathere) but will not be back teaching full time until after Christmas. 

Part of my work is to honor the seasons and cycles of life and to embody them, and It's always been very important to me to practice what I teach. 

A lot of people assume that I practice yoga all day, maybe even watch soaps or hang out with friends, then teach occassionally. 
The truth is though that behind the scenes I am envisioning, creating, planning, collaborating, practicing, researching, and launching.... and then teaching classes, workshops, leading teacher trainings, and mentoring. 

Also as a Yoga teacher it is often assumed that our lives aren't frantic, hectic, or occasionally stressful, which is not the case, and feeling free and spacious to cater to my own needs is why I take a Life Savasana. 

Very soon we are officially transitioning in to Winter and in the energy of the season this time provides me a gentle opportunity to begin the internal shift. 

December 21st is Winter Solstice and when we begin to shift from the qualities of Fall ~ rest, renewal, letting go, and grief ~ to the qualities of winter ~ stillness, solitude, and soul-searching. 


I, therefore, am honoring this changing season by taking the time to continue to fully relax, let go, become still, enjoy time alone and with family, and surrender this past year of my life to create space for the new year to arrive. 

This season can become overwhelming, full of celebrations and rituals, and quickly burn out our 'inner fire' with things like overindulging, staying up late, and going when you are already on the go!

We can get caught up in so many ideas, attachments, identities, and by beliefs in the way things 'should' be. 

What can you do (other than run away, hide, distract, or avoid) to let go and give yourself some precious time to rest, relax, be still, and connect inwardly even among this season's tendencies?

Although this can feel a little risky, and perhaps like you are 'going against the grain', well... it is!

But I can tell you from personal experience, that by taking these empowering steps towards your own health and wellness this season you are setting an example and  will give permission for others to do the same. 

One that will allow you to experience a deeper level of peace. 

And one that will allow you to embrace this season and all her offerings with gratitude and ease!

During my Life Savasana this is exacly what I did and so much became clear. 
Like my new 2015 mantra which will be revealed next month and was gifted to me while away. 

But, one thing I am always very clear on....

I couldn't possibly do what I do with out each and every one of you!

I am humbled and overly grateful for your continued support, encouragement, and Love this past year. 

Each of you serve in helping me bring greater clarity and vision of how I can be in best service throughout the year through your continued feedback, emails, comments and attendance (live or virtually).

It is such an honor and blessing to be able to connect with you all, share the Love and teachings, and support you along this Journey of Life + Yoga. 

Many and deep blessings for this Holy day season & best wishes for continued growth and renewal this coming year.
Humble Pranam's

Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's other Complimentary Offerings or Trainings!
For daily inspiration follow her on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts