Time to Shed + Move On!

Happy Fall Equinox

Namaste Fabulous Fall Women!
It's my absolute favorite time of year. 

The start of Fall officially happened yesterday. 

My previous musing on the emerging Fall season mentioned that it is time of shedding, letting go, transition and moving forward and that rituals can support us in these intentions and help us go deeper each time the season cycles through. 

(You can read more about Sacred Mornings + Rituals, including mine, and the symbolism of Fall here)

This month's Yogini Yoga practice is an embodiment ritual I practice each morning the week of the Fall Equinox. (listen for FREE here!)
My morning ritual has nothing to do with asana, but there is always, no matter how short, an asana practice at some point in my day. 

This is because I believe it to be one of the most effective ways to shift from the "shoulds", "shouldn'ts" and " cant's" (i.e. living in your head) to a direct experience and engagement with your body (i.e. your senses, gut, intuition, heart) and with that comes Living On Purpose + With Purpose

I think of my asana practice more of an embodiment ritual, as I mentioned above. 
Meaning I don't practice to get fit, healthy, or look a certain way. 
I perceive it as yet another form of engagement to my Self, the world, and Divine Mother. 

Here's what I wrote about my asana practice one day on my Facebook page that I thought I would share with you here today, as it really speaks to my feelings around why nine years later I still get on my mat nearly every day. 

{MY YOGA}
I don't bend forward to get more flexible.
I bow in humility.
I don't do backbends to get bendy.
I open and offer up my heart.
I don't practice asana to get fit.
I move to be reminded I am One.
I don't sit to meditate.
I pray and open to grace.

My spirituality has become an all inclusive, in-the-body spirituality. 

So instead of thinking you "have to", "should", "need to" practice, use Fall to shift your thinking and move forward in to embracing the time you spend on your yoga mat ~ asana, prayer, meditation, all of it ~ as a sacred ritual. 
One that will free you from a concept you read about once, goals for the future, outlived dogma's, comparisons, or dusty ideals. 

Make a commitment right here and now to start each day this week with this sadhana (embodiment ritual/practice), to practice it with me energetically. 

Knowing that collectively we will shed the unwanted, out of date past and move forward together devoted to the totality of Yoga and Life. 

As we watch leaves fluttering to the ground in the fall, we are reminded that nature's cycles are mirrored in our lives. 

Fall is the right time to practice getting out of the way and letting Spirit take charge of our lives.

There is so much more to this ancient art of living than asana but ultimately it is what provides us the daily opportunity to awaken and open to Love, compassion, fierce Truth, and Self. 

We spend a lot of time seeking, looking outward, and wanting communion with ourselves and the Divine. 
If you only took the time each day to really listen to your body you will find that it holds all the answers to your questions, the mystery of life, and is a direct portal to your innate Divinity. 

When your whole body is pervaded with consciousness,
your one-pointed mind dissolves into your heart
and you penetrate reality 
~ Vijnanabhairava Tantra

Here's to really embracing this season!

Megan Xx

If you enjoyed this article you will LOVE Megan's offerings!
Check them out at www.megancampbell.ca
Follow her on TwitterFacebook, or Instagram for daily inspiration. 

Comments

Popular Posts