Sacred September + Ritual

Dearest Ones,
I invite you to take a moment and light a candle before you start reading this month's musing. 

Real or fake, as you light your candle you are creating a small but powerful ritual around this process. 

Your candle will create a space for the "before the candle was lit" and "after the candle has been blown out" allowing you to be able to use your time and attention with the greatest impact for yourself and most likely also others! 

Seriously.... just try it!

Ok, now....

The leaves are slowly changing color, the sun is starting to set earlier, the evenings are cooler, and our routines are going back to normal. 

With Fall slowly creeping up and in to our lives, it's a potent and powerful time to rethink the ways in which you start your day!

The foundation of our spiritual practice is what we do when we wake up in the morning. 

Yes, you read that right. 

Our first actions upon rising set the tone, rhythm, and presence for our daily cycle. 

In Hinduism, Brahma Muhurtha, literally meaning God's Hour, is the most auspicious time of day for saints, yogi's, and mystics around the world.  
It occurs as part of the daily rhythms of the earth's cycle one and a half hours before sun rise. 
It is said that those who practice yoga, meditation, puja, worship, or any other spiritual practice during this time are the "favorable, fortunate, and happy ones."

While in India the first time in 2008, I was floating down the Ganges in a small boat during this vibration-full time of day. 
Our boat rocked slowly to the rivers rhythms as we made our way down river to witness morning devotions. 

The most sacred time of day, it is during this hour before dawn that saints and yogis establish themselves in their yogic pose, facing north, chant, and meditate on Brahma (or Surya, other descendants of Vishnu, or Lord Vishnu Himself)
It was one of the most memorable moments of all my travels witnessing this holy time and the embodiment of Yoga in all forms. 

Fall is a time of transition, letting go, shedding, and moving forward. 

As we transition in to this season it is the most profound time to make powerful changes to your lifestyle choices, especially since the energy of this time of year is more reflective. 

Ask yourself, what is the first thing you do when you wake up?

Rituals are the actions or experiences that we choose to transform from mundane to sacred. 
They are the choices we make and stick to using our Divine Will that will help keep us on our path and to dig deeper within. 
Rituals help you increase your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual vibrations. 
They might be tiny or large spiritual ceremonies (puja's) that support creating a safe resting place for our most complicated feelings of joy, trauma, fear, Love. 

I feel I have transformed in to the Priestess from the Prostitute because of my morning ritual!
(If you missed that musing you can find it here to know what I am talking about)

I believe that the basis for stepping in to the Priestess lies within the approach of living which centers deeply around the body~mind~Spirit connection. 
By practicing daily rituals we increase our awareness and strengthen our consciousness and therefore, gain the knowledge and understanding that brings us closer to our true purpose. 

My morning ritual consists of waking up, usually at the same time everyday (the body like routine). 
I kiss Lola and say good morning. 
I then make myself a herbal tea and head to my patio to write in my journal. 
Every single morning I check in with my body, mind, emotions, and intuition, and then I write three pages streaming my consciousness. 

Afterwards I head inside and light the candles on my altar. 
I then light the incense and wave it around like smudging, over the altar and my body. 
This past week until the 8th I am chanting the Ganesha mantra 108 times in honor of his birth anniversary, but normally I pray and meditate for 10 minutes. 
When the time is up I say another prayer to the deities I believe in, bow, and begin my day. 

This morning ritual only take me 20 minutes!

So often we think it has to be elaborate, complicated, time consuming, but it doesn't. 
Simplicity offers the most profound sacred moments. 

So take some time right now. 
How will you start your day?
Start tomorrow. 

Dedicate September, the month of starting new + fresh, to creating rituals and routine's that nourish your body, mind, and Spirit each and every day. 
Shed + let go that which no longer serves you or keeps you stagnant.

So if you are ready to go deeper, summon your highest potential, and make everyday magical (rather than ordinary) then here's what you need to do:

1) Know your rhythms + routine's
2) Pick one thing you will start doing tomorrow upon first waking up (has to be minimum of 5 minutes)
3) Promise yourself that you will commit to doing that one thing every morning for the rest of the month
4) While you are doing that one thing, make sure you light a candle before and blow it out after
5) Be present to that one simple thing, fully ~ body, mind, Spirit

Megan Xx

If you enjoyed this article you will LOVE Megan's offerings!
Check them out at www.megancampbell.ca
Follow her on TwitterFacebook, or Instagram for daily inspiration. 

Comments

Popular Posts