Swadeeka from Thailand!

Sawatdee (greetings) everyone from Thailand!

As you read this I am on to the beautiful island of Koh Samui in Thailand. 

Months of preparation and days of travel have brought me here for a week long women's Yoga retreat. 
It's a heroine's journey I am on, diving deep in to my inner SHE, and absorbing the teachings from one of my beautiful teachers, Sara Avant Stover. 

I took this pilgrimage last year to Mexico and it totally changed my life. 
An 'aha' moment led me to realize that I had been focusing all my energy and attention on my 'baby' ~ Journey of the Yogini ~ and completely neglected my own needs, desires, and dreams. 
JOY was part of it all but not the whole. There was more....

I have heard this from many mother's over the past year.  
Mother's of children, as well as mother's of businesses, like my self. 
All of us wanting to be sure that we stay connected to our Selves, as well as effectively manage all of our roles and responsibilities. 

Upon my return I vowed to take this entire year and dedicate it to rebuilding myself as woman and teacher along the Yogic path.
I promised myself to manifest some dreams and that I would spend at least twenty minutes each day devoted it to self-care. 

Not only have these promises and dedications to my Self made me feel healthier, happier and more fulfilled, it has also helped boost my OMmunity

Our OMmunity is not only the immune system, keeping us healthy and vibrant, but I consider it our inner OM. 
If you are familiar with OM, there are three parts ~ Ah, Oo, Mm. 
Our inner OM, I have experienced, is the vibration felt inwardly when we are in a state of balance. 
Our inner and outer worlds are harmonized with our Self, or our 'hut'.
(talked about last month in your Free Yogini Yoga practice).

Now that we are transitioning in to the season of Winter and the Holy-days are upon us, boosting our OMmunity is imperative to be able to move through the experiences with grace, ease, and stay connected to our 'hut'. 
Your needs, desires, and dreams through this season matter!

To stay healthy, calm, and connected here are 5 practices I recommend for this season:

1) All our systems are dependent on each other. 
Read my article for My Yoga Online on 5 Yoga Poses to Boost Your Immunity and do your best to incorporate them in to your practice each day to keep yourself healthy during this cold and flu season. 

2) The most valuable and important investment this season will be taking time for self-care
Make a promise to take a minimum of twenty minutes each day to do something that nourishes you ~ read, nap, practice, take a nice hot bubble bath ~ anything you love to do and fills your 'cup'.

3) Your new best friend, this month especially, is Savasana
Spend extra time resting and relaxing at the end of every practice. Allow for 7-10 minutes for this pose or practice it on it's own if that's all the time you have. 

4) Make your daily sadhana (practice) one that is healing for the nervous system and allows for stillness and quiet. 
Try doing my 'Daily Renewal' practice when you are experiencing overwhelm, feel super stressed, or have a lot going on this month. It's short, 20 minutes, and will leave you feel refreshed and relaxed.                         
               
5) Start each day with meditation or prayer. 
If you have to, get up earlier, but take 5-10 minutes each morning this season to sit still and connect with your breath, inner Self, or the God of your own understanding. 
This time will help you keep things in perspective and remember what's truly important to you and during this season. 

Khwam rak (love) & Sa Wat (blessings) from Thailand!

Megan

To find out more about Megan, her trainings and offerings, visit www.megancampbell.ca

Comments

Popular Posts