Have Happy Holy Days!

As we enter in to this time of busyness and excitment, I am in deep rest and renewal right now. 
I am officially done my retreat and sitting on my beautiful porch overlooking a lagoon sipping fresh coconut water (from an actual coconut!)
I am sleeping when I want, eating when I want (and what), and enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing is between. 


I am telling you this not to make you envious, but because part of my work is honor the seasons and cycles of life and to embody them. 


A lot of people assume that I practice yoga all day, maybe even watch soaps or hang out with friends, then teach occassionally. 
The truth is though that behind the scenes I am envisioning, creating, planning, collaborating, practicing, researching, and launching.... and then teaching classes, workshops, leading multiple teacher trainings, and mentoring. 


Also as a Yoga teacher it is often assumed that our lives aren't frantic, hectic, or occasionally stressful, which is not the case, and feeling free and spacious to cater to my own needs in this way is a gift I have given myself.
 
Very soon we are officially transitioning in to Winter.
December 21st is Winter Solstice and when we begin to shift from the qualities of Fall ~ rest, renewal, letting go, and grief to the qualities of winter ~ stillness, solitude, and soul-searching. 

It's always been very important to me to practice what I teach. 
This past summer I did everything I could to be able to be here and rest completely. I worked hard to provide the space to rest more in the Fall and take this much deserved time off.
I, therefore, am honoring this changing season by taking the time here to fully relax, let go, become still, enjoy time alone and with my beloved, and surrender this past year of my life to create space for the new year to arrive. 

How better to embrace change than by honoring our great Mother, Earth. 
She will guide us to health and harmony if we just take the time to learn about and honor her rhythms and cycles. 
Yet while She is saying one thing, our society is saying another. 
 
This season can become overwhelming, full of celebrations and rituals, and quickly burn out our 'inner fire' with things like overindulging, staying up late, and going when you are already on the go!

We can get caught up in so many ideas, attachments, identities, and by beliefs in the way things 'should' be. 
What if instead we embrace these last moments of Fall and let go instead?
What can you do (other than run away, hide, distract, or avoid) to let go and give yourself some precious time to rest, relax, be still, and connect inwardly even amongst this season's tendencies?

Perhaps try this {FREE} Yogini Yoga practice this month that can support you from the inside out and allow you to really embody the qualities Mother Nature is providing as a gentle reminder of what all of us need ~ deep rest, stillness, and quiet. 
 
 
You see not only will this help you keep the fire burning, but it will support you in your efforts not to overindulge, to listen to that inward nudge that it's time to go home when you are getting sleepy, and empower yourself to only do what really fills you this season (instead of what you think you 'should' be doing). 
 
Although this can feel a little risky, and perhaps like you are 'going against the grain', well... it is!
But I can tell you from personal experience, that by taking these empowering steps towards your own health and wellness this season you are setting an example and  will give permission for others to do the same. 
One that will allow you to experience a deeper level of peace. 
And one that will allow you to embrace this season and all her offerings with gratitude and ease!

Many and deep blessings for this Holy day season & best wishes for continued growth and renewal this coming year.

Khwam rak (love) & Sa Wat (blessings) from Thailand!

Megan
 
For more information on Megan's workshops + trainings visit www.megancampbell.ca

Comments

Popular Posts