The Most Sacred Time of Day

Devotion in Motion
A Yogini Yoga Practice to Experience Sacred Simplicity.

 Warm Winter Greetings Yogini, 

I mentioned in last month's musing my 2015 mantra ~ Sacred Simplicity ~ and how we might begin to shift our thinking of 'doing', 'being', or 'achieving' more to a state of acceptance and simplicity, knowing deep down we are and there is enough. 

I received so many beautiful messages and heartfelt gratitude for that message and musing but feel very called to explain here today how this is really manifesting for me, on a deeper level, and how I have been able to live that mantra right now beyond the questions and tools I offered in the video. 

(If you missed it you can read + watch it here)

If you haven't noticed already (kinda hard not too), I have an gentle obsession with the word, and feeling behind, Sacred. 

By slowing down, listening in, and connecting deeply to my true hearts desires more and more while on my Life Savasana, one thing became very clear... and that was this word means more to me than I realized. 

Looking closely I realized that I have attached 'sacred' to everything!

Sacred Movement School, sacred sadhana's, sacred activist, created a sacred circle (JOY Circle), so it only seemed fitting that my mantra had that meaning, feeling, and intention behind it this year too. 

Over the years, yoga has allowed me to open more fully to each moment, day, or experience in order to fully receive what it has to offer and teach. 

It gives us the tools to help balance the demands that we put upon our bodies, minds and spirits and replenish our connection to Source so we can live in a state of inner peace, vibrancy, health and harmony.

Our practice is there to be the most sacred time of our day. 
Without it, we are disconnected from Source, forget the underlying beauty and abundance, over complicate and dramatize, and perhaps repress our feelings (or over react), our experiences, and larger Truth. 

One of my teachers call this 'spiritual constipation'!

And it is then, when we feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually 'stuck' that we let go of our mantra's, intentions, or resolutions. 
"Why bother?" we say. And give up. 

Thinking we don't have enough time or energy, our bodies are flexible or strong enough, or maybe in the peak of winter we are just becoming lazy, we let go of our practice, our sacred time.
Our connection to Her, our highest guidance, unplugged and we feel 'guilty', 'lonely', like a 'failure', and maybe eventually wake up one day thinking "how the hell did I get here? This isn't who I am!"
Or maybe you already have. 

And no judgement, I too have totally been there!

One of the most profound teachings I have been gifted with is this...
Our yoga practice is not a time to work out, but a pause with in our daily rhythms that connects us to all that is sacred, so that when we step back in to the world it is a reflection of our deepest connection, Source, or Her. 


"Body exercise is incomplete if it focuses exclusively on muscle and is motivated by the ideal of a physique unspoiled by fat." 

Of course, we will get stronger, more flexible, relax, regenerate, and so much more, but if we can step in to our sacred space and practice from a place of reverence, rather than 'should' or 'have to', we offer our Selves the opportunity every day to plug in and align to our undying essence, our Soul. 

It is then that, no matter how simple or complicated Life is, we can find and feel the sacred in it all. 

This month I offer to you a simple practice to support you in sustaining your connection to your practice, to Her, and to your Self. 

Through my devotion to my sacred daily practice I have seen some places in my offerings that needed simplifying and adjusting to fully align with my message, teachings, and way of Life I am slowly stepping in to year by year. 

Like I offered in the last newsletter, I asked how can I spend more time doing what I really love and am passionate about, and as a result spend more time with the people I love. 
So to step more fully in to my mantra and way of being this year, I have decided to pour my energy, time, and Love in to my most sacred offering ~ the Sacred Movement School. 

Not only by expanding the programs and offerings but also simplifying to deepen the connections and support the sisterhood (current or future) in becoming a much more highly enlightened community of Souls personally and professionally. 

My hope is, that in a way that feels right for you, You will join us this year in one of the school's potent teacher training's or professional development programs... because that is where you will find and be able to connect with me mostly. 

Through your sacred time and practice, your connection to Her, you will make your choices and take action from the place of "True Self".... the place in you that is all-knowing.


In Love + Service, 

Megan Xx

If you INjoyed this blog be sure to check out Megan's other Complimentary Offerings or Trainings!

For daily inspiration follow her on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts