Calm to the Core

Namaste Beauties, 

As I slowly wind down my year and prepare for my yearly ME~Treat (retreat for me) I am relishing in the INjoyment of another year of OMazingness and intentions manifested. 

One of my deepest yearnings for 2014 was to really hone and focus my offerings and have ample time, space, and energy to INjoy my life and live like I mean it. 
And reflecting back on the year, I have done just that. 

I am divinely proud of myself to holding space for my Truth and Living Like I Mean It this year. 

As I touched upon last month, it has been in this year, living in this way, with these subtle but powerful intentions, that I have truly been and felt my healthiest ~ body, mind, and spirit. 

Last month's musing touched a lot of you and I had so many beautiful and potent emails sent my way on my reflections on Falling Back into Old Beliefs About Our Bodies, so I wanted to dig into that a little deeper today, especially since we have spent a lot of time this year together transforming ideals around our bellies and bodies. 
(If you missed it you can find it here)

The truth is that I have been teaching and talking to this for quite some time now... 
Over 7 years to be exact. 

Upon my return from India in 2008 I started Journey of the Yogini (JOY), a workshop series for women that touched upon using asana to experience the energetic body, or chakras, and as a result heal their relationship to their physical body through asana, meditation, reflection, and mantra. 
In turn, they were also gaining the wisdom on how to relate to their practice more profoundly and bring balance to their world ~ both inner and outer. 

Creating a more sustainable rhythm and pace in life in order to live like I mean it, as well as reach more women around the globe, I transformed these teachings and workshops
(and created many more) in to the JOY Circle

But today, in the celebration of coming full circle and the end of my year, I want to share with you one of the very first workshops that helped many women, including myself, change their perspective and relationship with their bellies through our Calm to the Core Yogini Yoga practice this month. 

In the asana dominant West, yoga has become almost synonomous with "core-strengthening" and while a strong and stable core is essential for a healthy lower back and posture, it is much more than an physical structure!

The core also supports us spiritually. 

hOMe to our womb, organs, self-esteem, and divine will, deepening our connection to the core is crucial for inner and outer health and well-being. 

If our core is weak, the ups and downs of life can be harder to handle. 
A strong connection to our core on all levels can make us more resilient. 

"It is precisely because we resist the darkness in ourselves that we miss the depths of the loveliness, beauty, brilliance, creativity, and joy that live at our core."
~Thomas Moore

Remember, this is not about getting a six pack. 
Jellie Bellies are more than welcome here and truly honored and revered. 

I created Calm to the Core when I first started teaching Journey of the Yogini workshops and have since honed and amplified it to share as much as I can on our continued evolution to loving our bodies and bellies. 

So to support each of you in experiencing a retreat knowing we can't all take days or weeks away, this month's Yogini Yoga practice is meant to be experienced as an at home Retreat. 

Meaning that it's a two hour practice.
You will need a journal and pen. 
Grab a cup of herbal tea. 
Put on some comfortable clothes. 
Turn off notifications on your phone. 
Hang up your Do Not Disturb sign. 
Set up your mat and mini altar. 

Retreats have changed my life!
All, yes all, of my teachers praise them, take them, and offer them because that's how powerful they really are. 
And it's not just my teachers, mystics throughout history have done and do the same. 

Moses retreated to Mount Sinai and Jesus went into the desert.
Buddhists take a yearly retreat.
Muslims go for a day of prayer and fasting within the mosque.
The Hindu withdraws to the temple or wanders alone across the land.
Native Americans journey to the spirit world. 

Whether at home or away, a week or a day, retreats are renegerating, rejuvinating, and time to connect with your inner world for longer than just one hour a week, or even a day, through your practice. 

And know that the more you resist this, or "can't take the time", the more your Soul needs it. 

Retreats always allow us the space and time to reflect and connect with parts of our lives and selves that may be being neglected. Where may we need to make some shifts, changes, and how can we find our way back to the primal desire to connect to the sacred or spiritual on a daily basis.

This practice will not only connect you with your sacred belly in every way, but also guide you in a preparation ritual for this coming New Moon (happening this Saturday), and support you in letting go and preparing more fully for the winter, Holidays, and New Year. 

Blessings,

Megan Xx

CALM TO THE CORE RETREAT ~ a complimentary at home retreat style practice to listen to at your leisure 

If you enjoyed this article you will LOVE Megan's offerings!
Check them out at www.megancampbell.ca
Follow her on TwitterFacebook, or Instagram for daily inspiration. 

Comments

Popular Posts