Are You Being a Prostitute?

Dearest Sisters,
I would like to start by saying...

I know the title of this month's musing is edgy. 
I know it might trigger you. 
I know it can be hard to hear. 
I know it can be harder to confront. 
And I know it's totally worth it!

You see I was once a 'prostitute' too. 

This month will speak to you if you find yourself answering Yes to any of the questions below:

::Have you ever sold your body or mind for money?

::Have you ever compromised your morals or ethics for financial gain?

::Have you ever stayed in a relationship or job that jeopardized your well being for financial security?

::Have you ever bought someone's loyalty, silence, or support in order to get your own way?

::Have you ever put someone else in a compromising position in order to gain power over that person?

::Have you ever sold someone else or your self out in order to be seen, heard, or successful?

For most of us, the act of prostitution is associated only with the selling of one's body for money, but if you answered yes (or even hesitated in answering) any of the questions above, the Prostitute archetype is one that has, and will continue, to show up. She has most likely contributed to sabotaging dreams or creative opportunities in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.

The Prostitute archetype's core issue is how much are you willing to sell of yourself ~ your morals, integrity, intellect, your word, your body, or your soul?
 I was living from this archetype for many years when I first started teaching yoga.
I struggled to make rent, to build a community, to maintain my own practice, and to have a healthy work/life balance. I often found myself saying "I should just go back to bartending" and even suffered from burn out.

I sold my time, energy, skills, ideas, and social life, in order to pay my bills and make teaching yoga my career.


The prostitute in me didn't care what I got paid, how many people registered, if I had time off, if I got on my mat, or even how much I slept.
All she wanted was to survive in this business.
Underneath it all though, I wanted to thrive.

Here's the thing, I write this now sitting on my throne of success as a Priestess, but I had to do some tough inner work to get here. 

A Priestess is a guardian of faith. A woman who is regarded as a leader of a movement. Sovereign over her life and path, and can officiate the journey for others.

You don't have to be a yoga teacher, business woman, or anything(one) else but yourself to be a Priestess either. 

You can genuinely enjoy what you do, create the life you desire and make a difference in this world by Living on Purpose. 
This state of conscious living is the path to inner peace, success and blissful satisfaction... and it's yours to be claimed!

I have been listening to my inner Priestess very deeply over the past year so as to continue to stay sovereign over my life, and it has led me to make some big, deep, and meaningful decisions in regards to how I want to live, love, and lead. 

She has also told me where I need to let go, move on, and surrender. 

Most importantly though, she has helped guide me to my most special and sacred offerings, as I  know I don't want to be THE Priestess, I want to be in a community of them!
Surrounded by them. 
Holding, nourishing, and tending to each other. 

So it is with guidance that I have created Sacred Movement ~'The heART of Teaching', which will serve to guide the next generation of Priestesses and wise, feminine leaders and teachers.
Find out more about this program very soon!

But what I really want you all to know...

Every woman has the capacity to be a Priestess. 
First by acknowledging the ways in which you are a prostitute. 
Then, making small, manageable changes to start to meet your Inner Priestess.
Lastly, making her the queen of your inner world. 
(we go deep in to this topic in the JOY Circle btw)

You were born to enjoy your extraordinary life... 

It's time to take a seat on your throne.
On purpose and with purpose, 

Megan Xx

If you enjoyed this article you will LOVE Megan's offerings!
Check them out at www.megancampbell.ca
Follow her on TwitterFacebook, or Instagram for daily inspiration. 

Comments

Popular Posts