It's Time to Kick Ass!

So we started the year together by reclaiming all parts of ourselves, even the Shadow, so we could become whole and honor our individual Soul's journey. 
Understanding that part of living on purpose and with purpose is accepting ALL parts of your Self ~ the good, the 'bad', the ugly, the pretty, the dirty, the beautiful....everything!
This is how we become BE-YOU-tiful.

But now are YOU ready to Kick Ass & Shine!?!

Good! 
I am too. 

But here's the thing, although we don't always want or like to live in the shadow, and spend a lot of time trying to exorcise it from our Being through food, drink, drug, exercise, busy-ness, Facebook, even yoga, we are pretty good at talking about it. 

Huh?

I know, but think about it. 
We go within and discover all the parts of ourselves that are holding us back, getting in our way, cause us pain, disappointment, sadness, grief, our 'limitations'. 
All those parts of us that we have shoved to the basement of our Being and ignored for some time perhaps. 
The Shadow.
Then, once revisited, we must process and work through it. 
So we do. 

We talk about it, we think about it, we 'work' on it, we get help around it.... 
'It' becomes our focus. 
However, whatever we devote our energy to only makes it stronger. 
We want to honor not dwell. 

On January 31st we transitioned to a new year ~ The Year of the Horse, according to the Chinese calendar. 
So we say good bye to the Year of the Snake, which means it's time to shed our 'skin' and step in to our sovereignty. 

So we do this by KICKING ASS + SHINING!

Sounds awesome right?

Well it is, but it's also not easy!

Why?

Because we might have spent so much time on the negative, in the shadow, and even on 'death to the Ego' in Yoga circles that Kicking Ass + Shining has now become more challenging than living in the Shadow!

But, you are about to change all that. 

So here's your hOMework:

Grab your journal and write (no filtering!) 5 things that you Kick Ass at!

ie. your are sooooo good at these things you could talk about it for hours, your research it all day, you could get lost in it, you could live it all day, every day, you can't get enough of it, people have complimented you on it, you are passionate about it, every time you do this thing you feel accomplished, proud, and it makes you happy.....

Start each of the 5 sentences with 'I Kick Ass at........'

Then find your partner, bff, loved one, parent, co-worker.... doesn't matter who, and let them know you are going to tell them what you Kick Ass at and would like them to do the same in return.
Then tell them and after listen to how they Kick Ass too.  
Shine together!

Notice if you find this hard, uncomfortable, can't think of anything, or think you are too 'humble' for this.
Or maybe they do?

Sadly our Shining has been dulled, or extinguished completely, in the thought that it's selfish, narcissistic, or you have been told/made to feel by others that you 'shouldn't' shine.

Our Shining can be scary for people so they put us down to make themselves feel better.  
Or, maybe you have done that to someone ~ out of jealousy perhaps?
But like Marianne says in the quote above "your playing small doesn't serve the world" and neither does making others play small.

Just like there is room for every part of us within our Selves, there is room for everyone to Kick Ass + Shine!

Even though the five answers you wrote down might be the same as someone else's in the world, the way you offer it, present it, manifest it, show it, live it, etc. won't be. 
Your are BE-YOU-tifully unique!

It can be hard for me to Shine too. 
I get it. 
The Shadow creeps in and I fear being judged.

But I also know that not only do I have the right to Kick Ass & Shine, I am giving others permission to do the same by owning my gifts, talents, and living like I mean it.

So I will 'dare greatly' with you & tell you what I Kick Ass at!

1) I Kick Ass at planning and organizing events and retreats for women. I LOVE it, every part of it. Creating, inspiring, collaborating, and most especially putting myself in the place of participants and thinking about how I can make them have the best day, weekend, or week ever. How can I make them feel special and appreciated? I love planning trips too for myself and others. I am sooo OMazing at it!

2) I Kick Ass at being a doggie momma. I love Lola like a real child. I love watching her sleep. I love feeding her. Playing with her. Listening to her snore, watching (or hearing more I guess)her eat, cuddling her, even cleaning her butt (she can't reach it herself!), her face, her ears.... I am an awesome Mom!

3) I Kick Ass at teaching Yoga. I love to plan classes, prepare sequences, make playlists, connect with people, inspire others, and watch individual and collective evolution. I adore teaching others to be teachers. Teacher training's are super special for me and I am sooo fabulous at them!

4) I Kick Ass at creating. I am super creative and love to create. I have created jewelry, events, programs, manuals, websites, yoga classes, blogs, a home, a sacred space, yoga sequences, yoga workshops. I really love creating websites a lot. I have made all 3 of mine. I love the 'birthing' process of creation, moving from the seed of an idea to seeing the creation come to life. I rock at creating!

5) I Kick Ass at tea! Lol, most women like shoes... I LOVE tea. I have about 20 different teas(right now) Everyone gets me tea. I can tell you what kind of tea you need if you tell me how you are feeling. I adore having tea ceremonies with friends. I love to shop for tea, try new teas, go for tea, drink tea.... well you get it. I am soo good at tea!

So make the decision, just like I did, to love yourself. 
Every part.
And then focus on how YOU kick ass and let yourself, and those around you, Shine. 

Know this too, when you start to own your Kick Ass-ness, when you let yourself Shine, that all the right people, experiences, opportunities, and possibilities will show up in your life that will support your growth and evolution on this Soul's journey.
This is not Yoga 'talk', this is science. 

So this is it Yogini's!

It's your time to Kick Ass + Shine!

Sign up for Megan's newsletter to get a FREE practice every month!
To find out more about Megan, her trainings and classes, visit www.megancampbell.ca
Like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and Instagram.

Comments

  1. Thank you sooo much Meagan for your ideas, your sharing of thoughts, your caring, and your yoga assanas to help our bodies feel better. You are truly making a difference
    in lives of so many, and with others that we may reach out to. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are very special! Hugs. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts