My Secret to Making 2014 BE-YOU-tiful!

I want to share a secret with you.
It's something that relates to my last email newsletter musing on making this 'Your BE-YOU-tiful Year'. 

I have talked about it before, but it has really become the pillar of being able to do everything I do ~ run two businesses, teach, mentor, mother, serve, be a daughter, a friend, a partner, and guide. 
It's so important to me, that it is now the most pregnant part of my day and the hallmark of making this year BE-YOU-tiful for me and for you. 
(no, I am not pregnant!)

It's a 'pregnant' pause because especially during the winter we want to treat ourselves like a pregnant mama, but I treat myself like that all year!

Instead of starting the new year buying gym memberships or yoga studio packages, writing resolutions or 'desire mapping', scheduling or planning, I started the new year by laying in Savasana and listening. 

That's because the one key element of my life that helped me the most in 2013 and allowed me to manifest everything I intended at the beginning of last year was time for my own sacred self-care. 

So my first and most important piece of starting of 2014 was to listen within, not only for my own sankalpa this year, but also to hear my deepest Soul's longing this year for self-care. 
What do I need to fully replenish myself each and every day?

I cannot express how important self-care is to every single part of ourselves ~ body, mind, and Spirit. 
Last year I dedicated a minimum of 20 minutes a day to my own sacred self-care and here are my reflections on what manifested as a result:

1) I worked less and made more and had three months off throughout the year
2) I got very clear as to what I want my life, businesses, and relationships to be/look like
3) I received some very clear, intuitive/Divine guidance which made me realize some dreams I didn't even know I had and put them into action
4) I had more energy and presence
5) My practice and life have been stronger, more stable, consistent, and secure than ever before. 
6) I became healthier ~ eating, weight, and mind 
7) I was more creative and had more follow through
8) My sleep was better and I felt more rested during the day

So the secret.....
By treating myself like a pregnant mama & taking 20 minutes each day and devoting it to my Self changed my life!
And I believe it's the first step for YOU to become your most BE-YOU-tiful self this year!

It's a secret because not everyone knows how revolutionary and effective it is. 
It's the one thing you are going to do this year that will get stronger as the year goes on. 
It's not another thing on your To-Do List, it's a new way of life, of living, of looking after you. 
It will be the reason people come up and ask what you are doing to look so healthy, radiant, strong, and peaceful. 

Trust me, it happens!

So what did I do to invite this new year in and continue along this path of manifestation?

I bought tools I needed to keep me wanting to commit to the time, like beautiful new bath salts and bubble bath, some intriguing new books, a beautiful journal, a couple of altar items,a snuggly new, fluffly blanket, candles.... you get the idea. 

I wrote down all the things I love to do and how I wanted to take care of myself this year ~ cuddle lola, watch girly movies, read, nap, write, relax, bubble baths with candles, and of course practice!

I then looked over my schedule and made sure I had at least one day off a week, scheduled in my self-care time each day, and created a manifesto at the start of my journal that I could refer to all year to keep me inspired and reminded of what is most important for ME this year. 

This is really step #1 in making this the most BE-YOU-tiful year you have ever had!

The key to your evolution is practicing self-parenting ~ consistency, routine, acceptance, patience, and unconditional self-love.
And the 'pregnant' pauses in the times of self-care are the moments that will allow you to parent yourself afterwards, throughout your day, week, and life. 

Here is a {FREE} Yogini Yoga practice that will support you in uncovering some your Soul's longings, becoming familiar with what self-care feels like, how empowering it can be, and includes a meditation at the end that can go on as long as you would like!
Have your journal by the mat with you (I always do!).

No more guilt, shame, or doubt about it ~ 'self-care is not about self-indulgence, it's about self-preservation'.

Sign up for Megan's newsletter to get a FREE practice every month!
To find out more about Megan, her trainings and classes, visit www.megancampbell.ca
Like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts